Hematological Malignancies (Blood Cancer) Program
If you have been diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma or multiple myeloma, you’ll want complete confidence in your medical team.
Your team should offer:
- Nationally recognized experts with extensive experience in hematologic malignancies
- Advanced diagnostic testing, treatments and technologies
- Coordinated care
- Support services and education programs
- A reputation for sensitivity and responsiveness
- Personalized attention
- Innovative clinical trials
- The backing of a major research program with immediate translation of findings to patient care
There are few programs that meet all these needs.
Fortunately, there is one that is close by: the Hematological Malignancies program at Penn’s Abramson Cancer Center.
Our team includes physician specialists in: medical oncology, surgical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology.
Your team may include:
- Patient Support Specialists who are committed to making sure that your experience is as smooth as possible. Our patient support specialists are experts in navigating complex healthcare situations. They serve as a consistent point of contact and a reliable source for support and direction for patients and families. They can help in a variety of ways including: provide emotional support, identify resources, and ensure access to information, support services and educational programs sponsored by the Cancer Center, as well as community resources.
- Cancer Counselors work exclusively with cancer patients and their families. They are available to provide individual, couples or family counseling.Our team includes a psychologist and psychiatrist who specializes in the issues that cancer patients face. Our cancer psychiatrist is available for counseling, prescribing medications and consulting with your team of Penn cancer specialists.
- Registered Dietitians are available to provide nutritional counseling for patients being treated for cancer at the Cancer Center. Our dietitians specialize in cancer nutrition and provide information based on sound nutritional therapies.
Your Abramson Cancer Center team is there for you and your family to provide the care, information, and support you need.